Need a referral to a San Diego lender?
We have established relationships with some of the best lenders in the business. Realtors know the best lenders because they have the experience of working through a transaction with them. Good realtors work with good lenders because they want to insure the best service to their clients.
A successful transaction requires the cooperation and hard work of multiple parties including the buyer, the seller, the realtors, the lender, the escrow company, and the title company as well as the companies involved with inspections and repairs. It can get complicated if each party doesn't perform.
If you're interested in talking to some lenders who have a proven track record, please contact us. We do not have in-house lending services, which is a profit center for many real estate companies. We are not affiliated with any of our lenders. However, our agents will refer you to lenders that have proven themselves. Contact us and we'll point you in the right direction.
Before you talk to a lender, you should gather some information.
1. Are you aware of your current FICO score?
2. What is your debt ratio?
3. What is your cash reserves?
4. Are you able to make a downpayment of 20% or more?
5. If your buying an investment property, how does that change the requirements for downpayment, etc.?
6. What's the difference between a direct lender and a broker?
7. Should you pay points for a lower interest rate?
8. Should you get an adjustable rate mortgage? If so, why?
Your short and long term objectives must be taken into account. Talk to your realtor about these and other questions you may have.